Our EPCM service model offers the entire range of FABS expertise to our Clients in a seamless manner, from concept design & facility master planning to detailed design, procurement of all trade packages, site execution control (safety, quality, time, cost) through to commissioning and project closure
In the Design Engineering and Procurement phase of the project, FABS is positioned as the single point contact for our Clients. We ensure that our Clients’ project requirements are captured and converted into executable designs and cost effective procurement. The design consultants are contracted to FABS and we take responsibility for the following:
- Concept Design – Project Brief, Design Brief, Master Planning, elemental cost plan, master schedule.
- Value engineering – Evaluation of options, CAPEX-OPEX analysis of systems.
- Detailed design for procurement / tendering stage, budget sign-off.
- Compliance of design with codes and regulations.
- Logistics analysis
- Providing executable design drawings to site for construction in a timely manner
- Change Management for design.
Procurement is managed on behalf of our Clients and FABS is well versed in all the standard processes applicable to this stage of the project, including:
- Development of procurement policy applicable to the project
- Tender document preparation – preparation of bid packages and tender documents with drawings, BOQ and specifications, terms of contract, etc.
- Bidding process – pre-qualification of vendors, tendering, bid evaluation, Negotiations and Award of contract.
The entire process during this Design Engineering and Procurement phase of the project is consultative in nature with our Clients so as to ensure that all project requirements are understood and incorporated into the design and procurement. During the construction phase of the project, FABS operates in the traditional Construction Management service mode, managing the site works on behalf of our Clients, which typically includes:
- Construction Management – Coordination and integration of all trades with controls on Safety, Quality, Time, Cost and Change Management.
- Commissioning & start-up coordination, including Snag List closeout.
- Contracts closure, as-built drawings, O&M manuals & related documentation.
- Project Hand-over